Studying for an MFA in fiction writing can be expensive. Even though not everyone can afford to study creative writing at university, you can create your own budget MFA in creative writing.
Pool writing resources and build a library of articles and tips to return to when you need ideas and inspiration. Use a browser-based app such as Evernote to create lists of the most helpful articles you find on different topics relating to writing craft.
Here’s a list of 10 of our most helpful articles on novel-writing and craft:
- Writing your first novel: 10 starter tips for success
- How to start writing a book: Developing rough ideas
- How to develop a story: 10 steps to a winning plot
- What makes a good story? 10 elements
- How to create a satisfying story arc: 5 steps
- Central idea vs theme: Developing your novel’s ideas
- What is pacing in writing? Mastering pace
- Writing the middle of a novel: 9 tips to keep moving
- ‘Show, don’t tell’: Examples from books balancing both
- 10 common grammar mistakes even great writers make