While many of us still love the idea of a cabin in the woods, next to a lake, with nothing but a notebook and fountain pen to dip into while inspiration flows, the reality is that writing a book in the modern age is much more about computers, fitting writing into real life, and knowing the ins and outs of e-publishing.
Here are some of our favourite pieces of advice about modern-day novel writing:
- How to get feedback on your writing
- What constructive criticism is – and how to use it
- Turning notes into a novel
- Breaking a novel up into manageable tasks
- The value of beta readers
- How to build an audience of early readers
- How to write a novel proposal / book pitch
- How to create a novel elevator pitch
- What exactly is an e-book?
- Is there money in e-books?