Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Now Novel, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Nownovel.com Account and Site. If you create a novel on the Website, you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the novel. You must not describe your novel in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Now Novel may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Now Novel liability. You must immediately notify Now Novel of any unauthorized uses of your novel, your account or any other breaches of security. Now Novel will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you write a novel, comment on a novel, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Now Novel has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Now Novel's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Now Novel's reasonable opinion, violates any Now Novel policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Now Novel's sole discretion.
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Now Novel or otherwise.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.Optional paid services such as further development and guidance on your novel, editing, cover design, publishing on the Kindle store and others are available on the Website (any such services, an "Upgrade"). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Now Novel the subscription or license fees indicated for that service (additional payment terms specifically). Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for the subscription period or as a once-off cost as indicated. Upgrade fees are refundable for the balance of the subscription term less the current month.
- Automatic Renewal.Unless you notify Now Novel before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
- Fees; Payment.By signing up for a VIP Services account you agree to pay Now Novel the monthly, quarterly, six monthly or annual fees indicated at www.nownovel.com in exchange for the services listed at www.nownovel.com. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your subscription begins and in advance of using such services. Now Novel reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Upgrades can be canceled by you at anytime on 14 days written notice to Now Novel. The balance of the fees that you should have paid will be returned to you on a pro rata basis excluding the current active month.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Now Novel has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Now Novel does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Now Novel disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Nownovel.com links, and that link to Nownovel.com. Now Novel does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, Now Novel does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Now Novel disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of other websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Now Novel asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Nownovel.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Now Novel. Now Novel will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Now Novel will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Now Novel or others. In the case of such termination, Now Novel will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Now Novel.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Now Novel to you any Now Novel or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Now Novel. Now Novel, Nownovel.com, the Nownovel.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Nownovel.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Now Novel or Now Novel's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Now Novel or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. Now Novel reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Now Novel may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Now Novel may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Nownovel.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have purchased upgrades, such account can only be terminated by Now Novel if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Now Novel's notice to you thereof; provided that, Now Novel can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". Now Novel and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Now Novel nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability.In no event will Now Novel, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Now Novel under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Now Novel shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Now Novel, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Now Novel and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Now Novel, or by the posting by Now Novel of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of South Africa. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in Cape Town, South Africa. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Now Novel may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.